Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oh nevermind.

Sat and knit a sock tonight and then opened Faith and Practice (which I keep in my knitting bag) and came upon this:


Be still and cool in thy own mind and spirit from thy own thoughts, and then thou wilt feel the principle of God to turn thy mind to the Lord God, whereby thou wilt receive his strength and power from whence life comes, to allay all tempests, against blusterings and storms. That is it which moulds up into patience, into innocency, into soberness, into stillness, into stayedness, into quietness, up to God, with his power.


George Fox, 1658


You'd think my crazy brain would learn...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Ah the ambiguity of life, the brilliant ambiguity of it all!

Hope you will stop by Street Prophets if you can find the time, very provocative thinking and exchanges going on over there, which could be made richer by your appearance.

Over there I a write as Festina Lente.

BTW tried to watch your personal, religious video post below... it appears to be private? Oh well.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I figured that one major difference between your Quaker blog and your regular blog would be the lack of the f-word. Hoo boy was I wrong! You didn't tell me you were a Friendly blogger! Tres cool.

And I keep John Woolman in my knitting bag (no pun intended, really!)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home